Foreigners who are wives, husbands, children of Vietnamese or Vietnamese who hold foreign nationalities have the right to apply for a certificate of visa exemption from Vietnam. This certificate also referred to as 05 years visa exemption, users can stay in Viet Nam for a maximum period of 180 days for each entry, and the duration of stay can be extended in Viet Nam for a maximum period of another 180 days.
Dossier to apply for a 05 years visa exemption for foreigners and Vietnamese residing abroad:
- Form N19: application form for 05 years Vietnam visa exemption for foreigners.
- The original passport is valid for at least 5 years. (In case the passport validity remains for less than 5 years, the visa exemption period will be granted less than 1 month according to the remaining time of the passport).
- Family/Household Registration Book.
and at least 01 of the following documents:
- Certificate of Marriage;
- Birth Certificate;
- Certificate of relationship with parent/child;
- A decision on Child Adoption;
- Other valid documents as stipulated by Vietnamese laws.
Processing time: within 05 business days, after all required documents are submitted.
After being granted 05 years Vietnam visa exemption, users have to leave Viet Nam and come back to active it.
Note: Foreigners who are wives, husbands, children of Vietnamese can apply for a temporary residence card which valid for 3 years.
Further information about 05 years visa exemption, please don’t hesitate to contact us by:
+84 9321 45670 – Mr.David Thach