To work long-term and legally in Vietnam, foreign workers must have a work permit, this is a basic legal condition ( there are some exceptions).
Work permit for foreigners is issued for a period not exceeding 2 years. However, depending on the agreement between the foreign workers and employers, the validity period on of work permits of each case will be different.
Dossier for work permit for foreign workers:
While waiting for the acceptance of the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs or the People’s Committees of provinces, employees need to prepare these documents.
For first-time issuance work permit:
- An application form for work permit using the form No.7 as regulated in Circular No.40/2016/TT-BLĐTBXH.
- The health certificate or the report on medical examination issued by authorized health organizations or agencies; if the foreign worker does not have a health certificate or the report on medical examination issued in the foreign country, these documents could be issued in Vietnam by a competent agency.
- The original of criminal record or certificate which confirm that the foreign worker is not a criminal; liable to criminal prosecution issued by the foreign competent agency. Foreigners who have been staying in Viet Nam for over 6 months can apply for criminal record at Department/Ministry of Justice in Viet Nam.
- Original bachelor degree or higher of the foreign worker. Documents confirm that the foreign worker is a manager, chief executive officer, expert or technician.
Notice: All of the documents issued in foreign countries must be translated into Vietnamese, notarized and consular legalized.
• 02 colored photos (4cm×6cm, with white background, frontal side, bareheaded and no colored glasses). Photos shall be taken within 06 months to the date of application;
• 01 notarized copy of passport or equivalent documents which is still valid.
For re-grant of work permit due to the work permit expiration:
Notice: Current work permit has valid at least 5 days but no more than 45 days.
- An application form for re-grant of work permit using the form No.7 as regulated in Circular No.40/2016/TT-BLĐTBXH.
- The issued work permit.
- 02 colored photos (4cm×6cm, with the white background, frontal side, bareheaded and no colored glasses). Photos shall be taken within 06 months to the date of application.
- The written acceptance for the employment of foreign workers issued by the People’s Committees of provinces;
Further information about work permit for foreigners, please don’t hesitate to contact us by:
+84 9321 45670 – Mr.David Thach