Temporary residence cards (TRC) are issued by Immigration Authorities for a foreigner who is living, working or studying in Viet Nam. There are many types of temporary residence cards, depending on a foreigner condition, they can get a TRC issued for over 1 year but less than 5 years.

Benefits of temporary residence cards:

  • Replace for a Vietnam visa.
  • For a long living time in Viet Nam, it cheaper to get a TRC than any other types of Vietnam visa.
  • You can use TRC to apply for a visa to many other countries from their embassy in Vietnam.
  • Open a local bank account.
  • Saving many passport pages when you have a TRC because your passport will be filled in 2 – 3 years by short-term Vietnam visa stamp/sticker.
Temporary residence cards

Temporary residence card type of DT for a foreign.

Who can apply for temporary residence cards?

• Members of a limited liability company with two members or more.
• Owner of a one-member limited liability company.
• Members of the Board of a joint-stock company.
• Foreign lawyers who have been licensed by the Ministry of Justice to practice law in Vietnam as stipulated by law.
• Foreigners having a work permit, work in various kinds of foreign enterprises and representative offices of foreign companies.
• Professionals, students, trainees working or studying in national programs and projects signed between the ministries and approved by the government.
• Accompanying relatives (father, mother, wife, husband, children under 18 of the granting residence card person).

There are 09 types of temporary residence cards for foreigners in Viet Nam:

Temporary residence cards type LV1 is issued for a foreigner is coming to Viet Nam to work with offices, units of Communist Party of Vietnam. National Assembly, Government, National Liberation Front of Vietnam, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, Ministries and ministerial-level agencies, offices of government, provinces, cities, People’s Council, People’s Committee under the central city.

Temporary residence cards type LV2 is issued for a foreigner is coming to Vietnam to work with social-political organizations, social organizations, and Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

Foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam can apply for temporary residence cards type ĐT.

Temporary residence cards type NN1 is issued for people who are head of a representative office, projects of international organizations and non-government organizations in Vietnam.

Temporary residence cards type NN2 is issued for a head of representative offices and branches of foreign businessmen, the representative office of economic, cultural organizations, and other foreign professional organizations in Vietnam.

Temporary residence cards type NN3 is issued for people who enter Vietnam to work with foreign non-government organizations, representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of foreign economic, cultural and other professional organizations in Vietnam.

Foreign students or intern who are coming to Vietnam to participate in an internship or to study can apply for a temporary residence cards type DH.

Foreign workers who enter Vietnam to work as a contract can apply to do the temporary residence cards type LĐ

Temporary residence cards type TT is issued for foreigners who are spouses, children under 18 years of foreigners that are granted Vietnam visa with symbols LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ or foreigners who get married to Vietnamese citizens.

The validity of temporary residence cards:

  • The validity of temporary residence cards of a TRC is 30 days shorter than the duration of its passport.
  • The duration for TRCs type of NG3, LV1, LV2, DH, and DT are granted less than 5 years.
  • The duration for TRCs type of NN1, NN2, TT are granted less than 3 years.
  • The duration for TRCs type of LĐ and PV1 are granted less than 2 years.
  • TRC will not be issued for a person who has their passport validity less than one year, Vietnam visa stamp will be used in this case.

How much does a temporary residence card Vietnam cost? 

Please email to info@visa-vn.com about your type of visa, last entry time, last entry stamp at which border, nationally, your company sponsor location…we will let you know about temporary residence cards Vietnam cost or don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions via:

Hotline 24/7:
+84 9321 45670 – Mr.David Thach

Best regard,
visa-vn teams