There are 3 ways to get a Vietnam visa before taking your trip to Vietnam. On this page, we are going to share with you some experiences, analyze the advantages and disadvantages in each way. Depend on your conditions, you can figure out the best way to get a Vietnam visa. Now, let me show you all of them:
Apply for a Vietnam visa at Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam.
Until the end of 2017, the Socialist Republic of Vietnam has opened 94 Vietnam embassy/Consulate widespread in 71 countries around the world. You can apply for a visa to Vietnam in person, by email or by e-mail.
– Processing time:
Standard: 03 business days (after all required documents are submitted).
Expedite service: 24-hour processing time.
– Vietnam visa fees at The Embassy/Consulate:
Each of the Embassy/Consulate of Vietnam has their own visa fee but they do not review it on the website.
- It’s required a lot of document, especially when foreigners want to apply for a Vietnam visa on a type of business, studying visa, visiting a relative…even with a tourist visa to Vietnam, it’s not really suitable for backpacker or visitors who do not have a clear purpose to visit Vietnam.
- Time-consuming and it’s costly, especially when you want to get a long-term visa to Vietnam.
- Working hour is limited from 9:00 A.M to 12:00 A.M and 02:00 P.M to 04:30 P.M from Monday to Friday, except holidays).
So is it the best way to get a Vietnam visa?
The Vietnam Embassy/Consulate and their agencies have limited branches around the world. Apply for a visa to Vietnam in this ways is suitable for foreigners who are living or traveling in a city near the Embassy/Consulate.
Apply for a visa to Vietnam online and get the visa stamp on arrival airport.
In this way, you will be received a visa to Vietnam via email by a sponsor from Vietnam such as tour operators, visa companies, a company that you intend to come to work or visit, Vietnamese relatives … they have to submit your entry purpose and visiting/working period to Immigration department. After checking process, the Immigration Department will issue a visa approval letter base on your requirements and wishes.
– Processing time:
Standard: 02 – 05 business days depending on what type of visa. (Normally it takes 02 working days to do a visa on a type of tourist and 3 – 5 days on a type of business)
Expedited visa services: 01 day or 01 – 04 hours in an emergency case event on the weekend or Vietnam holidays.
Vietnam visa fee on arrival airport
You can take a look in here. These prices do not include Vietnam official stamping fee which you have to extra pay to get Vietnam visa sticker into your passport when you submit the approval letter for officers to do check-in process on arrival airport.
- There have been reported cases of fraudulence and personal data theft when applying for online visa and cases of entry refusal on arrival when these types of online visas are applied through un-recognized websites or un-trusted companies.
There are many visa companies publishing Vietnam visa fees on their pages. It gives foreigners chances to check not only fees but also Vietnam visa regulation in advance. Furthermore, the processing time for a Vietnam visa online is really fast, so will it be the best way to get a Vietnam visa?
Getting Vietnam visa on arrival though borderland.
Following a report from Ministry of Culture, sports, and tourism, international visitors to Viet Nam in 12 months of 2017 reached 12,922,151 arrivals. Many of them fall in love with Vietnam and wanted to stay for a longer time. The fee to do visa extension, especially for those who using tourist visa is quite expensive and the rule to do extension is unstable.
Meanwhile, travelers who have been living in Vietnam recognize a better way to save their money that is renewed Vietnam visa at Borderlands.
Standard: 03 – 05 business days depending on what type of visa. ( Normally it takes 03 working days to do a visa on a type of tourist and around 5 working days on a type of business).
Expedited visa services: at least 1 business days to get the approval letter that means you can not get the visa stamp on the same day.
- In this way, you have to carry the original approval letter that is issued from Immigration department to borderland, officers at check-in point refuse to give you the Vietnam visa sticker if you carry just a photocopy or a scan of the letter.
- On the approval letter must be specific the name of the border that you intend to get a new visa, the wrong name of the border won’t be accepted.
- Figure out how to get a visa to Cambodia, Laos, China in advance if you choose to renew your Vietnam visa in this way. Also, not all the borderlands have authority to give you a Vietnam visa sticker, please feel free to contact us or other visa company to get more advice on this part.
- Immigration department closes on the weekend and Vietnam’s holiday. So you can not apply this type of visa during these time.
Beside some profits about visa to Vietnam by borderland, it’s still limited by processing time. Also, not all borderlands in Vietnam have authority to stamp the Vietnam visa. So this is the best way to get a Vietnam visa by land or only for foreigners who want to renew their Vietnam visa.
Getting a visa at Vietnam embassy/Consulate by fax.
Instead of receiving the visa on arrival airport, a sponsor organization in Vietnam will fax the approval letter to Vietnam embassy/Consulate after that you come to get the visa sticker before taking your trip to Vietnam. In this way, you do not need to prepare a lot of document by yourself to get a visa at Vietnam embassy or make an appointment…
– Travelers have to confirm exactly the branch of Vietnam embassies or at least city name where it’s location.
– Processing time and processing fee: same as visa on arrival airport.
- As the Embassy cannot confirm the reliability of online visa services offered by many companies on the Internet, so you need to find out trusted websites.
- Stamping fee to get a Vietnam visa sticker is different compared with Vietnam visa fees at the airport. Also, each of the Vietnam embassies has their own regulate fee, you need to consider when you want to get a long-term visa in this way.
- Immigration department closes on the weekend and Vietnam’s holiday. So you can not apply for a visa to Vietnam during these time.
Beside 3 normal ways to get a visa to Vietnam above, travelers can get a visa on arrival seaport. But most of the cruise operators are doing well this part. They work with the Immigration department to support you with the visa to Vietnam after check-in their cruise.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or email us if you want to share your experience about the best way to get a Vietnam visa. We’re really appreciated your supporting.
Further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us by:
+84 90 8888 763 – Mr.Mike (English Support)
+84 9321 45670 – Mr.David (Vietnamese Support)