According to Article 8 in Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of foreigners in Vietnam, No. 47/2014/QH2013, issued on June 16, 2014, and taking effect from January 1, 2015, there are 20 types of visa to Vietnam.
Here are 20 types of visa to Vietnam are presented as below:
1. Visa – NG1: issued for members of delegations invited by General Secretary, Central Committee of Communist Party of Vietnam, Presidents, National Assembly Chairman and Prime Minister.
2. Visa – NG2: the visa to Vietnam is issued for members of delegations invited by the Permanent Secretariat of the Communist Party of Vietnam; Vice President, Vice-President of the National Assembly; Deputy Prime Minister, Chairman of the Central Committee of the National Liberation Front, Supreme People’s Court President, Supreme People’s Procuracy President, the General State Auditor; and delegations of ministers and equivalent, Party Committee Secretary, Party Secretary, Chairman of the People’s Council, and Chairman of the Provincial or municipal People’s Committee.
3. Visa – NG3: issued for members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, and representative offices of international organizations of United Nations, representative offices of inter-governmental organizations, their wife, husband, children under 18 years old and maids.
4. Visa – NG4: Issued to people who come to work with diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the UN, representative offices of intergovernmental organizations, visitors of members of diplomatic missions, consular offices, representative offices of international organizations affiliated to the UN, and representative offices of intergovernmental organizations.
5. Visa – LV1: issued for people who work with offices, units of Communist Party of Vietnam. National Assembly, Government, National Liberation Front of Vietnam, Supreme People’s Court, Supreme People’s Procuracy, Ministries and ministerial-level agencies, offices of government, provinces, cities, People’s Council, People’s Committee under the central city.
6. Visa – LV2: issued for people who get a visa for Vietnam to work with social-political organizations, social organizations, and the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
7. Visa – DT: issued for foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers working in Vietnam.
8. Visa – DN: issued for people who enter Vietnam to work with enterprises in Vietnam.
9. Visa – NN1: issued for people who are head of the representative office, projects of international organizations and non-government organizations in Vietnam.
10. Visa – NN2: issued for the head of representative offices and branches of foreign businessmen, the representative office of economic, cultural organizations, and other foreign professional organizations in Vietnam.
11. Visa – NN3: issued for people who enter Vietnam to work with foreign non-government organizations, representative offices, branches of foreign traders, representative offices of foreign economic, cultural and other professional organizations in Vietnam.
12. Visa – DH: issued for people who enter Vietnam to participate in an internship or to study.
13. Visa – HN: issued for people who enter Vietnam to join the meeting, seminar.
14. Visa – PV1: issued for people who are permanent resident journalists in Vietnam.
15. Visa – PV2: issued for people who are temporary journalists in Vietnam.
16. Visa – LĐ: issued for people who enter Vietnam to work as a contract.
17. Visa – DL: issued for people who enter Vietnam to travel.
18. Visa – TT: issued for foreigners as a spouse, offspring under 18 years old of the foreigner’s issued visa of LV1, LV2, ĐT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, and LĐ; or foreigners as parents, spouse, or offspring of Vietnamese citizens.
19. Visa – VR: issued for foreigners who get Vietnam visa to visit relatives or other purposes.
20. Visa – SQ: issued for who related MOF, Consulate with the purpose or market research, visiting relatives, tourism medical treatment. The staying duration is up to 1 month (30 days).
Depending on your purpose, you can choose to apply types of visa to Vietnam which suitable for you.
Do you need any information about types of temporary resident cards for foreigners? It would be usefull for you.
Further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us by:
+84 90 8888 763 – Mr.Mike (English Support)
+84 9321 45670 – Mr.David (Vietnamese Support)