To work long-term and legally in Vietnam, foreign workers must have a work permit, this is a basic legal condition ( there are some exceptions).
Work permit for foreigners is issued for a period not exceeding 2 years. However, depending on the agreement between the foreign workers and employers, the validity period on of work permits of each case will be different.
Work permit for foreigners
Dossier for work permit for foreign workers:
While waiting for the acceptance of the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs or the People’s Committees of provinces, employees need to prepare these documents.
For first-time issuance work permit:
- An application form for work permit using the form No.7 as regulated in Circular No.40/2016/TT-BLĐTBXH.
- The health certificate or the report on medical examination issued by authorized health organizations or agencies; if the foreign worker does not have a health certificate or the report on medical examination issued in the foreign country, these documents could be issued in Vietnam by a competent agency.
- The original of criminal record or certificate which confirm that the foreign worker is not a criminal; liable to criminal prosecution issued by the foreign competent agency. Foreigners who have been staying in Viet Nam for over 6 months can apply for criminal record at Department/Ministry of Justice in Viet Nam.
- Original bachelor degree or higher of the foreign worker. Documents confirm that the foreign worker is a manager, chief executive officer, expert or technician.
Notice: All of the documents issued in foreign countries must be translated into Vietnamese, notarized and consular legalized.
• 02 colored photos (4cm×6cm, with white background, frontal side, bareheaded and no colored glasses). Photos shall be taken within 06 months to the date of application;
• 01 notarized copy of passport or equivalent documents which is still valid.
For re-grant of work permit due to the work permit expiration:
Notice: Current work permit has valid at least 5 days but no more than 45 days.
- An application form for re-grant of work permit using the form No.7 as regulated in Circular No.40/2016/TT-BLĐTBXH.
- The issued work permit.
- 02 colored photos (4cm×6cm, with the white background, frontal side, bareheaded and no colored glasses). Photos shall be taken within 06 months to the date of application.
- The written acceptance for the employment of foreign workers issued by the People’s Committees of provinces;
Further information about work permit for foreigners, please don’t hesitate to contact us by:
+84 9321 45670 – Mr.David Thach (Viber/Whatsapp)